Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chosen Fruit

"You did not choose me, but I chose you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last.  Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.  This is my command:  Love each other."  John 15: 16 & 17

(This is the last of an eight part series on John 15)

We finish off this series again talking about "bearing fruit and fruit that will last."  It is harvest time and I am reminded of a wonderful pear tree that was just overflowing with perfect pears - so many that they couldn't all be harvested.  I was proud of this tree and I wanted to make sure that this tree stayed healthy and fruitful - making sure that it had plenty of water and the proper nutrients.  It is the same with us - When we are fruitful we can ask the Father for "whatever" in His name.  Now remember - (this is very important)- asking must be in harmony with Christ's nature.  God's nature and God's will should be our desire. 

These verses also talk about love.  Love is not just a command but Love is an essential character to being a Christian. 

Christ's love is for everyone.



Part 1:  The True Vine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments or questions (no question is ever stupid) - They will show up on the blog once I have read through them.
Thank You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...