Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Friend's Love

"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.  You are my friends if you do what I command.  I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business.  Instead, I have called you friends , for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you."  John 15: 13, 14 & 15

(This is the seventh of an eight part series on John 15)

This "Greater love" that Jesus is talking about is of course the cross.  Jesus gave up his life and died on the cross for us - This is our salvation.  There is no greater love than this!

The meaning of friend is: "a person whom one knows, likes and trusts."  Just think about what friends can share - even secrets.  We went from servants (in the Old Testament) to friends (in the New Testament). 

It is interesting that Jesus used the word "everything."  Not just the most important points or a few pieces of information but Jesus has shared everything that He learned from God.  This is knowledge - knowing the Master's business - Jesus learned from his Father and taught us everything.

Lord help us to focus on Jesus and learn everything that You taught.


Part 1:  The True Vine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments or questions (no question is ever stupid) - They will show up on the blog once I have read through them.
Thank You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...