Friday, September 2, 2011

Sunflowers - Black Velvet Queen

photo by Angie Ouellette-Tower


Black Velvet Queen

Whoever named this sunflower is exactly right - the petals absolutely resemble black velvet.  Although, I think my favorite part of this sunflower variety is the inner "sunset circle" (as I like to call it).  When I think of the traditional sunflower varieties I think of the morning but the "Black Velvet Queen" gives me a dusk feeling - almost as if I'm watching a stunning sunset.

Enjoy the photos attached to this post!


photo by Angie Ouellette-Tower





photo by Angie Ouellette-Tower



Click to view:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments or questions (no question is ever stupid) - They will show up on the blog once I have read through them.
Thank You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...