Sunday, July 10, 2011

Reap a Harvest

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."  Galatians 6:9

It's the same with my garden - every year by the end of June I become so impatient wondering when the first cucumber will ripen, or wondering when will I be able to eat the first tomato?  I continue weeding and watering my garden with seemingly no results.  Then I start to think that something is wrong with my plants and that I will have a summer without any fresh produce.  It happens overnight - a snap of God's finger and my garden is overflowing with fresh fruits and vegetables.

The same thing can happen when "doing good."  We might be ridiculed or ignored and therefore become exhausted or even lazy but we must persevere and keep doing good and glorifying Christ Jesus.  We will "reap a harvest" only in God's own time.  So, don't give up! - Be patient and keep on doing good - the harvest is coming!

Lord, thank you for your promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments or questions (no question is ever stupid) - They will show up on the blog once I have read through them.
Thank You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...