Monday, June 20, 2011

Tools: The Weed Bandit

I am a firm believer that every job is easier and the outcome is more successful if using the correct tool.
Before Weeding

This tool's success is dependent on the soil type: it is ideal for sandy/loamy soils.  It's metal loop slices through the roots of each weed with ease. 
My advise if you have clay soil -  don't waste your time - this tool is useless for clay.


After Weeding












This tool is especially good for weeding around seedlings; you are able to get very close to the seedling without disturbing the tender roots.  As you can see in the picture above I have just started weeding using this tool.  In the second picture I have finished weeding, making the parsnip seedlings visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments or questions (no question is ever stupid) - They will show up on the blog once I have read through them.
Thank You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...